About Me

My photo
Sometimes I dance around the living room with one hand waving free...


"With all its shame, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world…Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

— Max Ehrmann

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Birthday was Tuesday!

I was born on Aug. 3rd.. My Birth dad said it was the greatest day of his life. I doubt a lot of things.. I have so many questions, but there is one thing that I hold dearest to my heart, and that is how much my daddy loves me. I won't pretend that we didn't have rocky times over the years. I was a brat growing up.. attention seeking, reckless and sometimes well.. it doesn't matter. He loved me through it all. And he was no picnic either. He was strict, quiet, heavy handed and intimidating, but no matter what he always told me how much I was wanted and loved. He brushed my hair and got me ready for school. He picked me from practices, he missed me when I went away to camp, he prayed for me when times were hard...
He told me often the story of when I was born and said, " Like God knew Jacob in the old testament before he was born, I knew you. I asked for you like Abraham and Sarah begged for Isaac. I begged for you. "
( Daddy is REALLY religious and French, so he told me LONG speeches, that I never appreciated until he stopped giving them to me)

I don't think there is a greater love than that of a father for his baby girl.

No comments:


the best christmas present ever!

the best christmas present ever!
Nicholas

THIS IS MY LIFE

There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

I am the queen and this is my year, and nothing, NOTHING is impossible





the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!

the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!
Bud